Breeder's Select Mocha ClownfishClownfish Hatchery
is on back order
Size: 2 inches
Shipping is now open to select states. If your city/state's weather is above 35 degrees at night, we will ship FedEx Overnight. You can wait and place your order when the temperature meets the requirement or you can place your order and we will ship as soon as the temperature rises to a safe degree. We will not ship during storms or events which may cause delays.
The Mocha Clownfish is a variation of the Darwin Clownfish or Black and White Clownfish, Amphiprion Ocellaris. The Mocha Clownfish is named so for the rich brown tone of the body which fades into orange on its underbelly and fins. The black outline around the white bands on its body are similar to that of a common Ocellaris. Some breeders often refer to them as Maine Mocha. As juveniles, the body tone may range from a light brown to caramel color and will darken to almost black, but will never truly reach the deep tones of a Darwin. The face, fins, and under body may remain orange, but only time will reveal its true tones. Each individual clownfish is different and will have unique coloration and patterns all its own, which is what makes designer clownfish so desirable.
* All of our clownfish come with an adoption certificate.
- Minimum tank size: 20 gallons
- Maximum growth size: 4 inches
- Foods we feed: Flakes, pellets, frozen cyclops, spirulina, occasionally brine shrimp. A variety is best for optimum health.
- How often to feed: As an inhabitant in a display tank 1-2 twice a day will suffice. For an adult clownfish intent on breeding, feed 4-5 times a day in smaller portions.
- Temperament: Peaceful if it does not have a mate. If you have a pair, they may fight each other if not bonded, or if they are bonded they will become aggressive if they are breeding. Some clownfish will guard an anemone and be aggressive towards anything that comes near it. Each individual fish is different and will behave according to their own personality.
Shipping: All customers outside of our 50 mile radius can still own one of our clownfish. Fed Ex Overnight delivery is available within the US except for states with livestock restriction such as Hawaii. We do not ship during the months of November-February as the risk to the fish is too great during these winter months.
DOA: There is no risk of DOA (Dead on Arrival) for Free Local Delivery. There is, however, risk involved with Overnight Shipping. Should your clownfish parish during travel, we will issue a store credit for the deceased fish. Shipping cost is not included in the credit, as services are rendered at the time of delivery. The customer must provide picture proof of the deceased fish within two hours of delivery in the unopened bag. If the fish is removed from the bag, the guarantee is voided. It is within our rights to request a return of the deceased fish if we deem necessary before a credit is issued (i.e. pictures are not clear or a discrepancy occurs). We only guarantee live arrival, as the tank environment and conditions of the customer are unknown. The customer must be home to accept the delivery on the designated delivery day or another person capable of receiving the fish and acclimating it. We will set up a delivery day prior to the shipment of the fish so the customer is prepared in advance.